until Friday, February 28th, 2020
Group or Individual
- Junior High School student or older on day of the event.
- Be able to gather at the place and time designated on the day of
- Be able to comply with event organizers’ instructions and execute activities
- Those under 18 years old must receive parent or guardian permission before applying. Junior high school students must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, who must apply as the main representative.
April 19th, 2020 (Sunday) 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Staffing hours depend on location but are planned to include 3-5 hours within the time frame written above.
- Start Location：Nogiwa Park (Aomori City, Hajiro-aza Nogiwa 58)
- Finish Location：Aoi-Umi Park (Aomori City Yasukata 2-chome)
- Along the courses within city limits
- Activity locations will be specified by event organizers.
- For those applying as a group, please understand that activity locations may differ for members within the group.
Operation Assistance on Event Day
- Aid Station support (hydration and food)
- Runner and vehicle guidance along the courses
- Start location (Nogiwa Park) baggage handling or hydration station support
- Finish location (Aoi-Umi Park) prize presentation, baggage collection, hydration station support, etc.
- Activities require long periods of standing
Please gather at the respective locations.
Accident insurance is covered by the event organizers.
- There is no monetary remuneration or travel expense reimbursement.
- Event volunteer uniforms will be provided (planned).
- Lunch boxes will be provided.
Terms and Conditions
- Volunteers are responsible for understanding the road closures for the event and procuring their own transportation to their activity stations.
- There will be no car parking at or near the event locations.
- Any media (video, photo, written media, records) gathered by volunteering during their activity period belong to the event organizers and may be used for television, newsprint, magazine, or internet publications.
- Please attend the Volunteer Orientation held in early April.
How to Apply
February 28th, 2020 (Friday)
After confirming the written terms and conditions, please fill out the “First Aomori Sakura Marathon Volunteer Application Form” and submit it by mail, fax, email, or in person to the contact below.
- Parent / Guardian consent forms are required for applicants under 18 years old.
Application Submission and Information Contact
Aomori Sakura Marathon
〒030-0801 Aomori City, Shinimachi 1-chome 3-7, Aomori City Economics Division, Regional Sports Section