Here are some commonly asked questions. If you do not find the answer you are looking for here, please inquire through the contact information below.
- Are there any participation requirements?
- A You must be at least 18 years of age on the day of the event to participate in the full marathon. You must be a high school student or older to participate in the half marathon and 10K events.
- Minors under the age of 20 will need permission from a parent or guardian to participate.
- How can I submit an entry request?
- You can apply online（RUNNET・Sports Entry・Pomit!）, through post, by telephone, or at Family Mart locations. For more information, visit theEntry Pagehere.
- What are the running time limitations?
- The time limit for the full marathon is 5 hours and 30 minutes from the start gun, with individual time limits at each checkpoint gate. The half marathon is limited to 3 hours, and the 10K is limited to 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- How can I receive a pamphlet (application form)?
- You can find them at sports facilities or community centers within Aomori City.
- Can you send me a pamphlet (application form)?
- Please contact below to request delivery.
☎ 017-718-1431（Mon-Fri 9:00-17:00）
- What do I write for “affiliation” in the application?
- Please write your school name, company where you work, or sports club to be displayed within the event program.
- Can I make changes to my application after submission?
- Changes cannot be made after submission.
- How can I make a cancellation or receive a refund?
- Cancellation procedures are not necessary, but please return the timing chip you received with your number card. There are no refunds for participation fee or other fees already paid.
- Can I trnafer my entry submission to another person?
- RUNNEThas a function where you can transfer your entry to another person. Please try submitting an entry transfer through the Entry History on theRUNNET My Page.
- I’ve submitted my entry application. What next?
- A number card package including a number card, timing chip, and program will be sent to you by early April. Please do not forget to bring these items with you to the event. Please read all enclosed instructions and precautions before attending the event. Lost or forgotten number cards and timing chips can be replaced on the day of the event for a ¥2000 fee.
- Can I leave the “Predicted Finish Time” blank?
- Runners will be divided into blocks at the starting location, so please include your estimated finish time in the application. Those who do not specify will be placed in the last block.
- How do I apply to be a medical runner?
- In order to comply with emergency safety standards, we highly recommend participants with doctor’s or paramedic’s licenses to enroll as “Medical Runner” volunteers.
Medical runners will be given special bibs to wear during the race. If encountering an unexpected situation during the race, medical runners will inform an event staff member immediately and do their best to give emergency treatment or support. Event staff will contact event HQ to prepare an ambulance. Afterwards, medical runners may return to their race.
- Are there distance markers?
- Yes, there is a distance marker for every 1 km.
- Is there a participation prize?
- Yes, it will be handed out at the finish location at the event. Those to cannot participate in the event me receive theirs at a later date. You can either come exchange your number card and timing chip in person, or it can be delivered to you through payment-on-deliver.
- Please collect your prize by Thursday April 30th on weekdays 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- CommemorativeT-Shirt Sizes
- Commemorative T-shirt sizes are as follows (JASPO Standard)
- Is there a race completion prize?
- Yes, finishing runners are planned to receive a commemorative towel.
- Will there be a personal belonging check-in area?
- Because the start and finish locations are different, any personal belongings checked in at the start location will be moved to the finish location. However, please keep any valuables with you at all times. Each person will only be allowed to check in 1 item. Items too large to fit in a standard shopping bag may not be accepted.
- Will there be any changing rooms?
- There will be changing rooms available at the start and finish locations.
- If I quit in the middle of the race, how do I get to the event locations?
- There will be support vehicles stationed along the running courses. Please contact a uniformed event staff member for assistance.
- I have not received my number card or time chip. What do I do?
- Please come to the information desk on the day of the event for a replacement.
- I have misplaced my number card or time chip. Where can I get a replacement?
- Please come to the help desk on the day of the event to receive a replacement. Lost or forgotten number cards and time chips can be replaced for a ¥2000 fee.
- Will there be stalls or stands at the event?
- Yes, we plan to have stalls at the event.
- Is there a parking lot?
- Notice about Event Parking
- Can I fly a drone at the event?
- Drone flights are not permitted around event locations or along the running courses.
For more information about the event, contact us here:
Aomori Sakura Marathon Organization Committee Office
〒030-0801 Aomori City, Shinimachi 1-chome 3-7
Aomori City Economics Division, Regional Sports Section